Elkera assists publishers to plan and execute changes to their publishing systems. Our consulting services include:
- Define business needs and develop digital publishing strategies
- business case development
- requirements elicitation
- project management
- custom software development.
Elkera’s consulting expertise
Elkera consultants have worked for more than 20 years helping legislative drafting agencies and other publishers to first make the transition from print to electronic document storage and then to complete the transition to a full digital service delivery model.
Elkera can assist publishers to:
- undertake a strategic review of services offered to stakeholders;
- review existing business processes and systems to identify inefficiencies, missing information and opportunities for improvement so that business processes align with proposed services to stakeholders;
- assess the business benefits of proposed changes;
- define system requirements;
- prepare a business case (where Elkera is not a potential supplier of a product solution).
Elkera uses Agile methodologies, particularly SCRUM in all its consulting and software development projects.
Benefits of Elkera’s consulting services
The preparation, management and publishing of legislation involves many unique characteristics that distinguish it from other business domains. The learning curve for those who are not familiar with legislation production and publishing is very steep. There are particular benefits from engaging a consultant with specialist domain expertise:
- Elkera consultants require minimum learning time, and provide maximum productive time on the project.
- Elkera consultants understand the opportunities so they can critically assess systems and business processes, and suggest creative solutions to system problems.
- Elkera consultants see the big picture and can efficiently focus on achieving business benefits for clients.
- Elkera consultants apply rigorous professional standards and understand how to manage and avoid conflicts of interest where Elkera may be a potential solution provider.
For more information, please contact Peter Meyer at Elkera.